I was looking at some awesome cakes, and then I came across this one. Wedding cake or not, this cake kicks butt.
I’m sure many of you must have already seen this, but I just came across it today. I feel really bad for her but her expressions are priceless.
Also, kudos to her for still putting the video up. Some balls.
So, Ze Boy is going to Delhi for 10 days in the second week of March and Delhi being my hometown, I am putting together a list of places for him to go to and it’s making me want to go too!
Delhi, even with it’s hundreds of drawbacks, is a charming city. It’s a perfect mix of old and modern. The modern side of it is just like other metro cities, malls, restaurants, etc. But the old side of it.. is really something. (Note: I am not talking about Old and New Delhi specifically when I say modern and old.)
Firstly, Delhi is a city/state, full of history and it’s very evident with the number of monuments there. In the photo below,
1: Qutub Minar
2. Lodhi Garden
3. Agrasen Ki Baoli
4. India Gate
Another thing I love about Delhi is it’s old markets. In the photo below,
Top Row: Chandni Chowk: Part of Old Delhi, this market is quintessential Old Delhi. Narrow busy lanes and wonderful to shop from. From home decor to jewellery to Indian clothes and absolutely delicious food, all can be found
Middle Row: Sarojini Nagar : This market is the bomb! Dresses start from Rs.150 (around $3) and go onto maximum Rs.500 (around $10). Actually, coming to think of it, I’ve never bought a dress for more than Rs.350. And the best part? It’s all export surplus. So the designs are fabulous. Also, it’s not only clothes that you can find in this market, but everything! From shoes to furniture to everything!!
Bottom Row :Connaught Place: This is no cheap shopping but this market is old. My garndmom tells me stories of when she used to live in this area and they never fail to fascinate me. Today, it’s one of the most posh areas in Delhi.
PS: I would love to post some of the clothes that I’ve bought from Sarojini, but to give you a better idea right now, you can check out these blogs:
Also, none of the images are mine. Yay google!
So, a couple of weeks back, I went to this fabric store that specializes in all kinds of Indian fabrics and clothes and saw this super golden sequined fabric!! I instantly fell in love with it, though I didn’t buy it. We were there to buy something else, and it was already a huge huge bill.
But since then, I have wanted to get myself a golden sequined dress made. So I was looking at a couple of such dresses yesterday. Ahhh… love at first site with the ones below.
Now, I’m not really a partying girl, so I’m thinking I’ll wait it out for a month or two more, for getting this dress made. For a special occasion maybe. Because that’s what the dress would deserve!
Hello hello! So, the dream is to have a swimming pool in my future house. This is my motivation to earn enough money to get there! Come on me! You can do it!
So a friend just got her marks and she has successfully passed her last college exam and here is a little greeting I made for her. Congratulations Mel (not her real name)! Woohoo!
So I open my blog to see this lovely message that Marisa from http://mokyandmarisa.wordpress.com/ has given me the Liebester Award! Yaaaaay! 🙂 Thank you!
Here is a little about it:
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
11 facts about me:
1. I LOVE pizza!!!
2. If I had the money, I would love to open an amusement park city.
3. Somedays, I dream of going of settling down in a small village of Italy and eat pizzas everday. Also, one where every weekend I take my boat and go drink beers in the sea. All this with the boyfriend.
4. I love to dance. And bollywood dancing gets me happy in an instant!
5. I love to design clothes. And I hope I do it someday professionally.
6. I dream a lot. More than I should. About everything and anything. From imaginary trips to replaying movies in my head to where I will be in 5 years.
7. I love bright colours.
8. I hate gyms. Every time I force myself to go, I come out in 20 minutes.
9. I like surprising people. Not necessary surprising them with parties, but with any small thing.
10. I genuinely believe and follow that if you can help some one without it being a problem to you and hurtful to others, then do it. Help the person.
11. I’m a happy person.
And now coming to the questing asked by the super lovely Marisa:
1. What is the weirdest dream you’ve had?
It’s the first dream I ever remember. I must have been around 6 years old. I had a G.I.Joe toy and the dream was how we got into war with my family and he was winning, and I was begging him to stop, he wasn’t listening, all this while my grandparents chilled in their room in the house.
2. What keeps you motivated?
This is a tough one. Because it’s various things. From the fact that I want to do well and support my parents soon, to thinking of the satisfaction of doing something, to many, many things. And sometimes, the motivations pops up out of nowhere.
3. How do you feel about other blogs that talk about blogs they dislike (for example www.getoffmyinternets.net)?
Ok, so the getoffmyinterests.com isn’t opening on my server, but to answer the question -Unnecessary unless they are talking about a blog that posts wrong or unethical stuff. But otherwise, don’t like a blog. Don’t follow it. Don’t read it. Simple.
4. How many bathrooms does your dream house have?
It’s not about the number. It’s about the bathroom. Bathroom is like my little hideout. So I would want it to be out of this world. A crazy rain shower, tub, big ass mirror. And coming to think about it, I would love an open air one.
5. What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Cheese, cheese, olives, cheese and cheese.
6. What would you change your name to if you could?
I love my name and would not change it, but if i had to – Amber. In Hindi, it means sky. Or Nayan. Means eyes.
7. Would you change your blog name if you could?
Nah. I love Happy Slate. 🙂
8. Which website do you visit most during the day?
Mainly my blog reader and 9gag apart from Facebook.
9. How many pets do you have?
Sadly, none. Grandmom is allergic to the hair they shed. Sensitive nose. But the boy said his dog could be my dog too. That dog is a dude! ( I will be posting about him sometime soon)
10. If you could buy an island which one would it be?
Nothing specific but it should have a beautiful beach and no deadly insects or animals. I wouldn’t want to die on my own island.
11. If you could name a star what would you name it?
I would name it Chumchum after my sister who passed away at 4 months when i was 6. Will be super easy to locate her.
Annnnnd now, for my 11 questions,
The blogs I’m choosing are:
My questions are:
1. What would your dream house be like?
2. What would your perfect date be like?
3. If you were given Rs.10 lakhs/ $1 million to spend (not save or invest) how would you spend it?
4. Ultimate dream job/business?
5. How would you like to spend your next birthday?
6. Where would you go on a budget vacation?
7. Whats the nicest thing you have heard about yourself?
8. If you had to settle down in another country, which country and city would it be and why?
9. If you were given 7 hours to indulge yourself in whatever way possible, what would you do?
10. What is the one thing you have done that you are super duper proud of?
11. What is the one adventure you would love to go on?
And that’s 11! I cannot wait to read all these answers!